Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 3: The Search for Rings

Well folks, this is proving to be quite the task. I started by going to: Metacrawler and doing a search for the Montesa dealership page. That brought me to US Montesa. Two entries came up, Beaverton Honda and Apex Sports. The number for Beaverton Honda was disonnected so I tried Apex Sports. I was then informed that Lewis Sport, in California, now handled all trials bike parts. Mandy at Lewis Sports said I needed to call Matt at Speed and Sport (530-878-0700) and he could probably set me up with a set that would work. After talking to him he recommended getting the actual measurements, 53.60mm for the cylinder/piston and 52.40mm for the notch the rings fit in, and call back. He could probably get a pair together. Still I am unable to date the bike to the correct year of manufacture. Matt did give me a clue though. The M number on the frame and engine puts it in a bracket of dates. Tomorrow will tell. If anyone can direct me to someone who has parts for the Montesa Cota 123, pre 1975, especially rings, let me know! Thanks;)

1 comment:

  1. try this site remember bultaco and montesa are nearly the same beast
    www.inmotiontrials.com

    ReplyDelete